Video 2017; the state of the nation January 24, 2017
Of course, you’d expect us to talk about the growth and success of video for business. But to prove that we’re not just making it up, we’re kicking off the year with some quite compelling stats about video from 2016, and some interesting predictions for 2017 (sourced from our friends at HubSpot):
- In an Animoto survey, 76.5% of marketers and small business owners who have used video marketing say it had a direct impact on their business.
- 4 times as many consumers would prefer to watch a video about a product than to read about it.
- Using the word ‘video’ in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19%, and click-through rates by 65%.
- In a 2016 HubSpot survey, 43% of consumers wanted to see more video content.
- Over 60% of marketers and small business owners said they planned to increase investment in video marketing in 2017.
- 62% of B2B marketers rated videos as an effective content marketing tactic in 2016.
- By 2017, video content will represent 74% of all internet traffic.
- Last year, 51% of all video plays were on mobile devices; this growth represents a 15% increase from 2015, and a 203% increase from 2014.
- 85% of videos on Facebook are watched without sound.
- In 2016, 14% of marketers used live video.
- In 2017, 100% of people at Big Button can help you make sense of all of the above, and apply it to your next award-winning video campaign.